330ml OEM Lime – Honey – Lemongrass with Deep seasalt – 100% fruit juice, no added sugar, never from concentrate. The perfect feel-good drink to strengthen your health.
What is it?
Lemongrass, also called citronella, is a tall, stalky plant. It has a fresh, lemony aroma and a citrus flavor. It’s a common ingredient in Thai cooking and bug repellent. Lemongrass essential oil is used in aromatherapy to freshen the air, reduce stress, and uplift the mood.
Lemongrass is also used as a folk remedy to promote sleep, relieve pain, and boost immunity. One of the most popular ways to enjoy lemongrass is in tea. Keep reading to learn how drinking lemongrass tea may help deliver these potential health benefits.
1. It has antioxidant properties
According to a study published in the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry, lemongrass contains several antioxidants, which can help scavenge free radicals in your body that may cause disease. Antioxidants of note are chlorogenic acid, isoorientin, and swertiajaponin. These antioxidants may help prevent dysfunction of cells inside your coronary arteries.
2. It has antimicrobial properties
Lemongrass tea may help treat oral infections and cavities, thanks to its antimicrobial properties. According to a 2012 in vitro study published by the National Institutes of HealthTrusted Source, lemongrass essential oil showed antimicrobial abilities against Streptococcus mutans bacteria, the bacteria most responsible for tooth decay.
Further researchTrusted Source found lemongrass oil and silver ions may work together against several types of bacteria and fungus in vitro.
3. It has anti-inflammatory properties
Inflammation is thought to play a role in many conditions, including heart disease and stroke. According to the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, two of the main compounds in lemongrass, citral and geranial, are thought to be responsible for its anti-inflammatory benefits.
These compounds are said to help stop the release of certain inflammation-causing markers in your body.
4. It may reduce your cancer risk
The citral in lemongrass is also thought to have potent anticancer abilities against some cancer cell lines. Several components of lemongrass help fight cancer. This occurs either by causing cell death directly or boosting your immune system so that your body is better able to fight-off cancer on its own.
Lemongrass tea is sometimes used as an adjuvant therapy during chemotherapy and radiation. It should only be used under the guidance of an oncologist.
5. It may help promote healthy digestion
A cup of lemongrass tea is a go-to alternative remedy for upset stomach, stomach cramping, and other digestive problems. A 2012 study on rodents published by the National Institutes of HealthTrusted Source showed that lemongrass may also be effective against gastric ulcers.
The study found that the essential oil of lemongrass leaves can help protect the stomach lining against damage from aspirin and ethanol. Regular aspirin use is a common cause of gastric ulcers.
6. It may act as a diuretic
In the world of natural health, lemongrass is a known diuretic. A diuretic makes you urinate more often, ridding your body of excess fluid and sodium. Diuretics are often prescribed if you have heart failure, liver failure, or edema.
A 2001 study evaluating the effects of lemongrass tea in rats showed diuretic activity similar to green tea without causing organ damage or other side effects. For the study, lemongrass tea was given to rats over a six-week period.
7. It may help reduce high systolic blood pressure
In a 2012 observational study, 72 male volunteers were given either lemongrass tea or green tea to drink. Those who drank the lemongrass tea experienced a moderate drop in systolic blood pressure and a mild increase in diastolic blood pressure. They also had a significantly lower heart rate.
Although these findings are exciting if you have high systolic blood pressure, researchers caution that men with heart problems should use lemongrass in moderation. This can help you avoid dangerous drops in heart rate or increased diastolic pressure.
8. It may help regulate your cholesterol
High cholesterol may increase your risk of heart attack or stroke. A study published in the Journal of Advanced Pharmaceutical Technology & Research Trusted Source showed that lemongrass oil extract helped to lower cholesterol in animals. The reduction in cholesterol was dependent on the dose.
In 2011, further research on mice confirmed the long-term safety of up to 100mg lemongrass essential oil daily. More research is needed to see if lemongrass tea has the same effects as lemongrass oil.
9. It may help you lose weight
Lemongrass tea is used as a detox tea to kick-start your metabolism and help you lose weight. Even so, most research on lemongrass and weight loss is anecdotal, not scientific. Since lemongrass is a natural diuretic, if you drink enough of it, you’re likely to drop some pounds.
In general, replacing soft drinks and other sugar-sweetened drinks in your diet with herbal teas like lemongrass may help you reach your weight loss goals. However, you shouldn’t drink lemongrass tea exclusively. This can increase your risk of side effects. Try alternating cups of lemongrass tea with water or other unsweetened drinks.
10. It may help relieve symptoms of PMS
Lemongrass tea is used as a natural remedy for menstrual cramps, bloating, and hot flashes. There isn’t any research specifically on lemongrass and PMS, but, in theory, its stomach-soothing and anti-inflammatory properties may help. Additionally, according to an article published in the Journal of Advanced Pharmaceutical Technology & ResearchTrusted Source, lemongrass oil is useful in helping to cool the body.
We provide OEM/ODM/Private label beverage manufacturing services. Developing just the right taste for your market and customers. Quality-proof product control. Flexible production capacity with short lead time. Competitive price vs product value
- Vinut has been developing OEM/ODM products for many years. Our dedicated Research and Development team closely follows developing global trends in the health food markets in Europe, America, and Asia to ensure we can introduce the latest products for customer needs and requirements.
- Vinut has also collaborated with well-known international firms using our integrated one-stop OEM/ODM services to produce and manufacture the best products with excellent services.
- The process from consultation and getting an idea to finish, we always actively contact with customers to update the operation status and receive feedback from customers during the use of products and services. From that point of view, the process of providing timely support brings satisfaction to customers. Keep up to date on the latest products, services, and incentives.
Other products that we provide:
Diversify products and flavors, never from concentrate, no added sugar, real fruit juice, natural juice only.
- Fruit Juice: real fruit juice, fresh fruit juice, mixed fruit juice, best fruit juice, keto Pepe juice fruit,…
- Aloe vera juice: original aloe vera drink, aloe vera drink, aloe vera with flavor fruit, best aloe vera juice,…
- Basil seed drink: basil seed drink, basil seed drink with fruit juice…
- Chia seed drink: chia seed drink, chia seed drink with flavor fruit…
- Coconut: coconut milk, original coconut water, coconut water with flavor fruit, coconut water for kids…
- Energy drink: energy drink with flavor, energy drink zero sugar, healthy energy drink, healthy zero sugar mix energy,…
- Juice milk: juice milk with fruit juice, healthy milk drink…
- Non-alcoholic beer: premium non-alcoholic beer, non-alcoholic beer with flavor fruit…
- Sparkling water: sparkling beverages, sparkling water with flavor fruit, healthy sparkling water, sparkling soft drinks…
- VietNam coffee drinks: free sugar, vanilla, matcha, latte, cappuccino, aloe vera,… fruit juice coffee.
- Tea drink, vegetable juice.